The city of Hue is one of the most visited cities in the Central of Vietnam. There are several city tours are being conducted every day to make tourists understand the ways of the last royal family of Vietnam – the Nguyen dynasty and see their magnificent works like the imperial city, royal tombs and some religious and cultural places. Our Hue city tour will let you explore and experience the culture and heritage of the city.
In the morning:
- 08:00 – 8:30 a.m: We will pick you up at your hotel within the city. Your tour guide will introduce himself and will remind you the itinerary for the day. There are several etiquettes when visiting historical places and religious places so listen to your tour guide carefully as to not to respect the culture and/or embarrass yourself afterward.
- 09:00 am: Thanh Toan Bridge –The only other tiled roof bridge in Vietnam aside from the one in Hoi An. This wooden arch bridge has been built for the local villagers who are into farming and fishing. The old bridge served and still serving the villagers on their daily life needs. The bridge connects the local market and the village houses.
- 10:30 am: Minh Mang Tomb – The tomb of the most beloved Emperor of Nguyen dynasty. Ming Mang’s Tomb is considered as the most majestic of all of the Royal Tombs. The impressive architecture that complements with the nature gives you a good impression of the Emperor who lies within the walls of the 18 hectares tomb.
- 11:30 am: Khai Dinh Tomb – The smallest but the most expensive tomb of all. The tomb of the 13th Emperor that became infamous because of his alliance to colonial government of France. Nonetheless, the tomb was built to be one of the most impressive ones. It is a blend of Western and Eastern architecture. Every corner of the tomb is very detailed which reflects how luxurious the emperor was.
- 12:30 am: Lunch in a restaurant that serves Western, Asian and Vietnamese Food.
In the afternoon:
- 01:30 pm: Citadel – Imperial city is the home of Vietnam’s last royal dynasty – the Nguyen Dynasty. Visiting the citadel is the highlight of the tour. Looking at the impressive buildings and its surroundings, it shows how powerful and culturally involved the emperors were. For centuries, different emperors reigned over the country and stayed in this very place. You will learn the rise, struggles and fall of the Nguyen Dynasty and how it affected the whole country.
- 03: 30 pm: Thien Mu Pagoda (Heaven Fairy Lady Pagoda) – the oldest pagoda in Hue city. The pagoda holds a very important part of Hue history and even believed that caused the rise of the Nguyen dynasty.
- 04: 00 pm: Get on a dragon boat cruise to see the sunset on the way back to the city.
- 04:30 pm: Drop you off at your hotel/stay in Hue city center.Finish the tour.
Price: $17/pax = 374.000 VND without entrance fees
Notes: $31/pax = 682.000 VND with entrance fees